But first, a photo of the little friend we found in our backyard the day we left.
I don't know who was more excited to start the tree house, Matt, Miles, or Grandpa R.
This is how we get around town. Really. Every day. Usually, I have one kid and Matt has the other. Does that make is less dangerous? Mia is getting a little too bold, leaning forward and feeling the wind just like Kate Winslett in Titanic. I would have snapped a picture but with Miles on my bike, it was a little precarious.
Lots and lots of reading and attention from Muga.
Bike-rack boy.
Miles' first try at T-ball. He filled in on his cousin's team. With a little coaching, we got him to hit the ball. Running was another story. He stopped halfway to first base to ask a question. Once on first, Matt told him to run to second, "Why?" was his reply. The second inning, he made it to first, but after a minute or two, he walked off the field and said he needed a rest. That's our boy!
Mia is an independent little soul. She went downstairs by herself and put these on. She came upstairs with a second pair for Miles and insisted that he wear them.
Thanks to Grandpa Roger, we will never run out of nails, although I think Miles is making a real dent in his stockpile.
Miles and cousin McKade taking a little downtime.
Lots and lots of swimming. When they hit the water, our kids turn into fish. Miles can get along fine. Mia can't swim, but she thinks she can. It's a little scary.
Babies, babies, babies.
My husband can wind a bobbin.
Cleaning off the dasher from the ice-cream maker. Her hair gets a little wild here. We try to keep it up and out of her face. Even Matt has perfected the art of the ponytail. There's not much, domestically, he can't do!
Not a great photo but you get the idea. We spent our fist outing in five years, sans kids, celebrating our 12th anniversary with two nights in Salt Lake City. What a great town! A highlight was a long run up City Creek Canyon. I took the asphalt path, Matt ran the Wasatch Steeple Chase course. He experienced a little fall...
Another not-so-great photo but the only one of the Faatz's, who met us in Salt Lake for dinner. What a treat to eat a leisurely dinner in such pleasant company.
Up, up, and away! Miles and Mateo Peterson enjoyed a ride from Uncle Brian. What could be more awesome for a couple of little boys. Thank goodness they were wearing hard hats.




















4 comments:
I think the Titanic reference is my favorite. I need to get hair like Mia. I can't believe you've been married for 12 years.
So fun!I love the instagram updates and this post captures so much summer fun I can hardly stand it. I loved summers growing up in Ephraim. I want to hang out with you guys soon! We are almost recovered from the dreaded stomach bug everyone has had and then we want to party with the nibleybakers.
By the way, the tball story is awesome.
It's such a shame that a quaint little town like Ephraim has mugas. I've heard of people getting held up in other small towns, but they are mostly in northern Mexico, not central Utah. I guess the cartels are pushing northward, or something. It makes sense, really; nobody would suspect it, so it's the perfect location. Anyway, travel in pairs (minimum) and a little pepper spray goes a long way (as they say).
Congratulations, you have been nominated for a Liebster blogging award! Check it out here:http://tropicalvelvet.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html
xoxo, b
Post a Comment