Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy birthday, Miles!

Miles turned one on August 16th. I can't believe how much my little one has grown and learned. As a one year old, he likes to climb on anything he can get his knee up on, say "hi" and wave to any passerby, throw food off his tray, hug soft objects or people and say "ahhhh" (although I did catch him hugging the cupboard the other day), and a million other amazing things that will bore the average blog reader.

His outgoing spirit has helped us make lots of friends in Kentucky, many of which are dogs. It's fun to compare his newborn pictures to this active, spunky one year old.


Moments after he was born. He's buried in my arms but he really is there. I just love this picture of Matt. He is a great dad.

Matt and my mom. Another favorite photo. By the time Miles was ready for his first bath, the nursery was empty so they took their time and let Matt do most of the work. I watched and took pictures.

Matt took this photo when, at a week old, Miles joined me in the hospital while I recovered from the West Nile Virus. Miles slept through most of those four days. I'm glad he was not sick!

Vacationing in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Miles loved the pool and the ocean.

Birthday photos! Once he got the frosting all over his hands, he freaked out. So, we had to wash him off and let him go crazy with the cake part. I think he is finally showing signs of being my son.


If he could, Miles would be talking and playing with other kids all day. Any object becomes a phone; in this picture, he just happened to have a real one.

11 comments:

Jacks said...

I love the photo of you and Miles in the hospital bed. Beautiful. And the one of him in the water - cute! Thanks for sharing.

David L said...

A whole year old...crazy!

Stephanie said...

Oh my Gosh!! I miss him so much! These pictures and memories are so great!! I can't believe he is one year old! I'm sorry we missed the day! Happy Birthday, Miles! We miss you guys!

The Campbell's said...

Anna, Miles has gotten so big since you all left!!! Make us miss you so much more.

Nibs said...

I didn't even know you guys had a kid. You should take more pictures. :)

Nibs said...

ps I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving.

Becca said...

How cute is he!? I can't believe he is one already. Well we miss you like crazy here in Utah and I have some cute cards for you from your primary class- I'll get it out soon. Hope you are well and enjoying Kentucky.

Emlyn said...

Happy birthday Miles! I was showing Millie these pictures and she was pointing and saying "Hi!" We sure miss you guys.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

He is adorably precious! He is just incredible. Can't wait to see you guys and hold (okay, I guess he is too big for that now) Miles. I'm calling you TOMORROW.

Brand797 said...

I can not believe how quickly they grow. He has chanced so much since you have been here. We sure miss you guys!

Becca said...

I lovelovelove the picture of you and Miles sleeping in the hospital, it is so beautiful. I love your whole family and think you are collectively beautiful in every respect!

p.s., It made my day to talk to you today.