It's time, once again, for Milesisms. And I am adding the first installment of "Miaisms." Scroll to the end of this post for lots and lots of quotes.
MIAISMS
"Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, etc.," with a little upward inflection, a la the seagulls in Finding Nemo.
She also loves playing tag and wrestling with Miles, even though she usually loses. She can't get enough of her brother.
She loves throwing things away--especially her own diapers.
She thinks it's funny to slide around the room with her back against the wall.
She has mastered the stairs and will turn around and slide down when she is wearing her coat.
She dances to P90-X (exercise video). See related Milesism below.
She dances to P90-X (exercise video). See related Milesism below.
Who can resist a photo with a kid in a crazy wig, or at bath time, or while wearing an improvised scuba mask?
The other day, Miles snuck into our closet and taped used boarding passes onto Matt's shirt (see above). Later that evening he asked what Matt planned to wear the next day. Matt said, "My dark-blue shirt." Miles said, "why not the light-blue shirt?," never letting on that he had equipped it with secret powers that let flight attendants know he was nice and would have a safe flight.
Although Mia throws away most of her own diapers, Miles comes to the rescue for the poopers. Before throwing out an especially fragrant diaper, he ran out of the room and came back with his nose taped closed.
Although I attempt bows and girly things, Mia, as you can see above, prefers jeans to ruffles. I did not buy the pink tutu, by the way, it was a gift. I love her in the Czech national costume (below) that my mom made. Since she is my daughter, she is one-quarter Czech.
MILESISMS
A woman in our church who often speaks and usually cries when she speaks gave a talk today. About two minutes in, Miles turned to Matt and, surprised and serious, said, "Dad, she's not even emotional today!"
After Miles used the master bathroom I asked if he'd flushed the toilet. "Nope, but I'll do it in here (the main bathroom)!"
"Let's not wear shoes; it's overwhelming."
Miles had been in bed for about 30 minutes and was restless. Matt lay down with him. After a minute or so Miles said, "I smell ice cream!" And it was true; he smelled it on Matt's breath. And now he knows that when kids go to bed, adults eat ice cream.
"It makes a lovely Thanksgiving with all of you two around."
After we divvied out the mail: "Does everyone have a kid named 'Resident'?"
"It's our first day of snow. Oh, what a joy!"
Anna was talking with a friend about P90-X, a set of exercise videos. Miles chimed right in: "Have you tried Ab Ripper? Don't try it, it's painful! I prefer Core Synergistics."
Miles packed his Elmo suitcase and told us we were going to North Africa to explore ruins. "Ancient ruins can teach us a lot about the people who lived there," he said. The contents of his suitcase included, among other things: two clip-on ties, pjs, books, and his blue blanket.
"What are you doing on earth up so early, Mom?"
"You would grow really fast if you had a birthday once a week."
First thing he said to me when he woke up this morning: "Mom! Do you want to hear about my dream?" Of course I said "yes." "I was on a water slide that lasted 13 days!"
As he was clearing the dishwasher and I was making a smoothie: "While the blender was on, I told myself I'd never do this when I was an adult."
"Great knot, Mom! That's what I call a worm wrangler."
"You'll have to go to bed really early tonight, Mom. We're having a boys' party to celebrate (long pause) Heavenly Mother's birthday."
Reading a book with Matt that had letters listed like this: Aa, Bb, Cc, etc. "Look, Dad, two virgins. An upper-case virgin, and a lower-case virgin."
"I want to be a doctor AND a volunteer fireman so I can rescue kids and if their finger burns off, I can get them a new metal one."










5 comments:
The boys' party to celebrate Heavenly Mother is my favorite! I love these glimpses into your beautiful family!
I see a strong resemblance to Grandma Ruth in both kids! Spooky....
If p90-x can get my hair to grow in like that I am THERE!
"I prefer Core Synergistics." I'm getting all my workout advice from him. Mia is the prettiest one-quarter Czech girl I know.
Why do I even subscribe to Netflix when I can read Mileisms? Seriously. And that stinking cute little Mia...forget about it! I hear you on the mama mama mama mama mama mama thing. That's what I hear all the way down the road in the car, with an occasional "vroom" thrown in for variety.
Post a Comment