Our baby girl is growing up. She is happy and tries her best to keep up with Miles. In the past few months she has sprouted six teeth, gotten really good at finger food, perfected her screech (which can mean she's happy or she REALLY wants something), has learned to walk, can climb the stairs (scary), and is starting to say a few words. Her favorite words: Miles, Mama, Dada, happy, more (signs this one), hi, and bye. Her favorite time of day is when Matt comes home.
Here are her nine-month stats:
Weight: 19.06 pounds (54th percentile)
Height: 28 inches (65th percentile)
Like Miles, she loves Indian food and seems to love all things salty. The other day, Matt took both kids running. They sat side-by-side in the jogging stroller, holding hands while Matt ran about six miles. Around mile four, Mia fell asleep on Miles' shoulder.
She is expressive and snuggly. When I pick her up from a nap, she puts her head on my shoulder, says "ahhhhhh," and pats my back. She does the same thing when I'm working in the kitchen, only wraps her arms around my legs. It's endearing but makes for slow meal preparation.
Mia is master of her tongue. She likes to make clicking sounds and blow bubbles. Look closely at the photo above.
She is a bright spot in our lives. We love our Mia!








4 comments:
I loved reading your updates. Mia is absolutely adorable. What a wonderful thing adoption is. I'm so glad it worked our for you and Matt and Miles and Mia's birth family.
Miles cracks me up. I love 4-year-olds. They say the funniest things with so much sincerity.
How blessed Mia is to be a part of such a wonderful family!! Great Grandmother.
Thanks for reminding me about saliva bubbles. I haven't done those for years. Miriam is going to be impressed when I show her how long-lasting I can make them. I'm sure they won't be quite as cute as Mia's, though.
She is adorable as ever and I just love that bubble blowing picture. What a cute little family!
Post a Comment