Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The four-year old

Miles is proud of his four-ness. "Hi, I'm four!" is the first thing out of his mouth when he meets someone. Here are a few photos of his antics. We can't get enough of this kid!















By early summer, Mia had enough hair to hold a bow or other "hair thing." Since then, Miles has been obsessed with "doing hair." I tolerate this obsession. Mia endures and has become quite the escape artist.

We stayed a few days this summer with my brother, Dave, and his family. One of Dave's many talents is walking on his hands. Miles could have watched this amazing feat all day (poor Dave was probably worn out by the end of our visit). Miles spends time each day attempting his own hand walking, jumping off the couch, "stomp dancing," and balancing things. Here he is in action: 


 


When he turned four, Miles started doing regular household chores, including emptying the silverware from the dishwasher. As you can see, he does a great job. Unfortunately, he has his mother's perfectionist tendencies and gets frustrated that the job takes so long. I never thought I'd tell my child to, "just go ahead and throw them in, it doesn't have to look nice."
















Turning four also means preschool! Here he is on his first day. The first couple of weeks were a hit. The second couple of weeks were a little harder as my mama's boy decided he'd rather hang out with me at home. He's back to liking preschool. I want him to enjoy time away from me, but I'll be so sad when he'd rather be somewhere else.




According to Miles, four-year-olds are "super strong." Here's our boy, taking the ladies out for a spin. He loves entertaining Mia and our favorite little neighbor, Abigail.

No comments: