Monday, October 17, 2011

Milesisms

Miles and I were driving in the car. I was trying to engage him by playing the opposite game. After a couple of rounds Miles pauses and said, "Mom, you can just focus on your driving."

Out of the blue, "Why do magicians have canes, if they're not old and don't have wrinkles?" Good question, Miles.

"Dear Heavenly Father: Thank you for the food. Thank you for the beautiful music from the CDs. Please bless the world, that it won't fall apart while we're living on it..."

Anna: "Ah! There's a mosquito in the house!"
Miles: "Dead or alive, Mom, dead or alive?!"

"Mom, my bum itches, and when I scratch it, it doesn't even feel better."

Miles: "Why are babies not big as adults?"
Anna: "Because they have to grow in their moms' tummies. If they were as big as adults, just imagine!"
Miles: "Yeah, that would hurt! Good thing men don't have babies."

Miles has a renewed interest in his baby doll, whom he named "Volcano." Volcano rides around in the Baby Bjorn, eats with us at the table, takes naps at regular intervals, and is genuinely loved. Miles said this about him the other day, "My baby cries when we leave but when we come back--snap crack!--he stops crying."

When Matt let slip a bad word: "Dad, crap is another word for poo."

Miles to Mia: "You are going to be such a little firebomb when you grow up."

Miles to Matt: "Let's go to the Polynesian CULtural center, where they sell coal."

Miles: "True or false: Heaven is in the sky?"
Anna: "I'm not sure, it's a mystery."
Miles: "And we've gotta solve it, and see if there are any footprints from Jesus."

Mia is teething. During Miles' prayer, he asked that Mia's teeth "push softly."

"When I cough really hard, there are tears in my eyes without crying."

His mother's son, after seeing a butterfly:
Miles: "It's black and orange, so it must be a monar-d."
Anna: "Yep, but it's actually called a monar-ch."
Miles: "No, it's monar-d. I saw it on Diego."
Anna: "It really is monar-ch."
Miles: "No, it's monar-d. I know I'm right."

The conversation continued. We agreed to disagree. It's scary how simliar we are. Hopefully, it's not too late to steer him away from that stubborn streak!

1 comment:

starr said...

love love love the updates. Stella would love to see Miles and Mia again. She remembers you all from your short trip in our yard and still talks about holding baby Mia. I love your relay of life from Miles eyes. What a fun kid, and great mix of you and Matt. My favorite Milesism: that Mia's teeth "push softly" what a sweetie.