Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Milesisms

Miles is a talker, and he's been on a roll lately. Here are several of the best quotes, of late (don't feel that you have to read them all):

To his grandma: "If you eat more and exercise with me, you will grow bigger, and then you won't have to stand on your tippy toes."

A conversation with Matt over the first star of the night:
Matt: Make a wish, Miles.
Miles: I wish for a new dad.
Matt: Why?
Miles: I love you so much, I want two dads.

"They say... that if you close your eyes and fall down the stairs, you won't break your arm."

While looking through the fridge after watching our homemade, vinegar/baking soada volcano erupt: "Let's try something more impressive!"

"Mom, I love you more than ice cream."

Matt and I hear a big crash in the other room. Miles yells, "I'm okay! It wasn't a hard landing." Speaking of hard landings, he said this after dropping a toy iron, gouging a chunk out of the wood floor:
Anna: are you okay Miles?
Miles: Yeah. I'm tough. I don't cry.
Matt: How's the floor?
Miles: It's hard.

I finally bought a book so I can have a central place for Miles' quotes, instead of jotting them down on scraps of paper. I was describing it to him:
Anna: This is Miles' quote book, in case he says anything cute.
Miles: Mom, you're cute. Write THAT down.

While running his fingers through my hair at bed time: "Mom, your hair is kinda crunchy."

"Mia just gargled, 'I love you!'"

After watching Charlotte's Web: "I don't want to die because I just want you to hold me forever!" I think we'll stick to films with lighter subjects for now...

Matt: Are you ready to go to the store?
Miles: First I have to look at the news and see if there's anything on sale."

On a Saturday afternoon:
Miles: Do you know the 4th of July is Heavenly Father's birthday?
Anna: I didn't know that.
Miles: Yep, I learned that in primary today.

While eating cantaloupe: "Sorry I'm wiping my face with my shirt."

Declared while examining a bowel movement: "It looks like a jet airplane, and it shoots lotion at people."

3 comments:

starr said...

i couldn't resist reading them all...

shayna said...

I read all of them and then read all of them again to Eric. Miles is genius. I need him to teach me all that he knows.

monica said...

i love you miles! thanks for making me laugh... hard!!! just like your floor :)