We spent most of our time on the beach. A highlight was swimming with a sea turtle, right on Temple Beach in Laie.
Miles loved helping Muga (aka Grandma) get the shop at the Polynesian Cultural Center ready in the mornings. He spent many happy ours entertaining the volunteers there, eating fresh coconut, and hanging out in the Samoan village (see picture below).
Miles became Grandpa Roger's shadow. Grandpa was always ready with a story or game on the iPad.

We hiked for about ten minutes--just long enough to encrust our feet with mud--before the mosquitoes took half our blood and we decided to turn back.
Paddle boarding was a highlight of the trip. Thanks, Roger, for treating us to a lesson and a day out catching waves!
Okay, so it doesn't look like a wave, but I caught it, and it made me go really fast.
We dug some great "swimming pools" on the beach. Miles was in heaven. Mia was indifferent, but very cute. (Thanks, Emily, for the cute summer clothes and swimsuits.)


On the way to the airport, Roger braved a swollen river. The road was closed shortly after we floated across. We arrived home a few hours before the tsunami.
5 comments:
Sounds like a great vacation. I'm sure jealous. Oh, and Mia looked absolutely adorable in all the swimsuits. I'm glad they worked out.
Awesome. Glad you guys could get away and enjoy some HI. And I definitely see the wave; it just hasn't broken yet.
I need to go on vacations with you. I need more pictures of Mia in a swimsuit. She looks amazing.
Looks like so much fun! I hope you had a ball.
Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment