Monday, November 29, 2010

Home for Thanksgiving

We arrived home the evening before Thanksgiving. Uncle Phil and Aunt Jessie arrived late that night to cook the turkey, et al. They were so nice to have around--both naturals with the kids and excellent cooks. Matt and I both got a couple of naps, thanks to them. They also discovered a leak in the guest bedroom ceiling and Phil helped Matt patch things up. Not a fun project, but the joy of being home as a family more than compensated for the inconvenience (at least for those of us who didn't work on the soggy drywall).

Nice and clean after a bath. There's nothing quite as nice as a good soak on home turf.




The Parkinson Family also joined us for Thanksgiving. We love them. Here is Miles, enjoying a story with Bruce and Myra. You may hear Miles calling Mia "Mia Myra Munchkin," after his best buddy, pictured here snuggled against her dad.

Miles likes to keep Mia happy. We brought her bouncy seat into the bathroom so I could watch her while getting ready for the day. She was a little fussy so Miles piled blankets on her (we had a long talk about not covering her head), gave her his favorite stuffed toy Jesek (which is Czech for hedgehog), and even held up a picture of the two of them for her to look at. The final touch, in Miles' words: "She just needs onnnnne more thing...a kiss." And he delivered one, right on her soft little head.

We should know in a couple of weeks if we can get rid of the heart and lung monitor. For now, we are enjoying more peaceful sleep (quality, not quantity), knowing that an alarm will sound if she stops breathing.

Hooray for home!

6 comments:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

I cannot even stand her cuteness!!! And Miles. What a boy. What a brother. Can't wait to hold her.

shayna said...

Yep, I'm totally in love with her. I hope you start getting more quantity/quality sleep. Oh I'm so glad you are finally home. Happiest day.

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that Miles is such a good big brother--he has always been a fantastic older cousin. Can't wait to hold the newest Baker!
--Mimi

starr said...

She is so beautiful. What a cute family!

Leslie said...

Aaaaw! So happy that everyone got to be home for Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for! I totally get the love/hate relationship with a monitor. Hate that you need one, but love the security it gives you!

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures. She is soooooo beautiful! ..... And she doesn't look like Matt! :-)