Monday, August 23, 2010

Three

Our little boy turned three this month. At two, I could still claim he was a baby, but three? That's pushing it. As much as I want him to stay little forever, we're also enjoying his outgoing personality and the "why?" phase. Even as I write, he is tugging on my arm and saying, "Mom, let's skidattle." So, I'll keep it short and let the pictures tell the story of his big day.

The tricycle. I e-mailed Matt when it arrived. Matt wrote back: "I'm so excited. I'm a little giddy."

Party number one, with the Shuleys and Hoges. Toni made the cupcakes, the Shuley kids gave Miles their favorite toy, the one he always plays with at their house: a vacuum.

Party number two: cake made by Matt. Take a closer look below.

Some games with his best buddies, Alice and Myra.

No one was injured but the pinata, which, surprisingly, lasted a really long time. I made it in about 30 minutes using a paper grocery bag and tissue paper. Who knew?

Finally, a few fun things that we've been doing with our three-year-old lately.

Baking bread. I think he kneaded his little loaf for about an hour.

Plumbing. He was a great little helper. Matt really hates plumbing problems, but has managed to take them on when needed. This one also included a little drywall work in the basement. A man of many talents, even when the project is not so fun.

Getting into a little mischief.

Catching some ZZZs. He claims that he can go to sleep on his own, since he's three now. He's still perfecting that skill.

We just couldn't imagine life without our Miles!

2 comments:

Bates Blogger said...

He's a beautiful little boy. And I can't believe Matt made a dinosaur cake! Very cool.

shayna said...

But did you know that Miles it on the top of my list for favorite kids, ever?