"I bet a horse, and got some money!" Are we still good parents?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Beginner's luck
Matt's mom, sister, and two-year-old niece were in town for a few days. On the way home from swimming, one warm afternoon, we passed by the race track. Wanting to show our guests all that Kentucky has to offer, we decided to park at the far end of the track and take a look at the horses. As luck would have it, the trainers were walking seven gorgeous horses, in full racing regalia, out to the starting line. A race was going to start in 15 minutes. We decided to stay, "so the kids could watch the horses." Then, one of us (can't remember who), suggested that we place a bet. Without hesitation, we all decided this crazy, sinful idea was a good one. We ran inside, lined up at the betting booths, and placed our $2 bets on number 7. Pam says she picked him on her own; Amy and I picked him because the guy standing in front of us said number 7 was sure to win. If we'd thought a little about strategy, we probably would have spread out our bets. But, we were lucky, and we won! You should have heard the screams of delight coming from our little section of the stands. We were still beaming as we collected our cash. These are Miles' words as we were driving home:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As long as you didn't buy booze, cigareets, and lotto tickets with the winnings I think its ok. I only wish you would have bet more than $2. I hope the odds were good!
I feel an addiction coming on. I'm pretty sure we're going to need to go back to the horse races when Eric and I return.
Post a Comment