Sunday, May 30, 2010

Toddler musings

After Miles had scattered toys all over the living room...
Me: Miles, will you help me clean up your mess, please?
Miles: Sorry, I'm picking grass right now, you'll have to clean it up on your own...

While planning the day's adventure we were deciding between going hiking or going to the museum:
Miles: Dad, maybe you can go hiking in the Mt. Airy Woods and drop me off at the museum?
Matt: You want to go to the museum alone?
Miles: Nah, I was just jokin' around.

I came in from a sweaty run... Apparently, I had a piece of grass stuck to my leg:
Miles: Mom, there's some grass on your leg! I'll get it... Ooooo, you're slimy.

This one was from way back in January but he said it with such feeling I have to record it. I can't remember where we were at the time but he was struck with the beauty of the scenery:
"This is the gorgeous tree top I EVER see!"

At night. Miles is in bed and should be sleeping:
Miles: Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!
Matt: Yes, Miles?
Miles: Something is happening in my room! (his sticker chart had fallen off the wall)

Speaking of sleeping... Bedtime has been an adventure lately. The routine/sticker chart has worked but the allure of stickers is quickly wearing off. The past few nights, Miles has fallen asleep in his rocking chair. The first couple of times were flukes, and we just found him there. The other night, we finished reading stories and turned off the lights. When I got ready to leave, Miles said, "I think I'll fall asleep in the rocking chair tonight." And he did:

1 comment:

Faith said...

It's always fun to hear more musings from Miles!