Sunday, May 30, 2010

Babi and Paca

My parents visited last week. We all had so much fun and I was amazed at what we were able to see and do in three short days:

Live butterfly exhibit at Krohn Conservatory
Cincinnati Zoo
Mt. Airy Forest
Wicked in Louisville (Thanks, Cami and Dallen, for the tickets!)
Installed a new dishwasher (Thanks, Dad)
Celebrated my birthday with berry pie (made from scratch, by Matt)
Many, many rounds of hide and seek with Babi

We love visitors. Here are a few pictures of the highlights:





P.S. "Babi" is short for "babička," which means "grandmother" in Czech. "Paca" is what Miles calls my dad. My oldest niece, Alex, coined this term when she was little and it stuck.

P.P.S. The last day of their visit, we left with plenty of time to make it to the Louisville airport. Well, I got chatting with my mom and I missed the fork in the freeway. I noticed that the scenery looked a little different but I didn't worry until we were about 20 miles from Lexington. For your reference, Louisville, Lexington, and Cincinnati form a triangle. Oops. I called Matt in a panic and, acting as my personal GPS unit, gave me directions. Pedal to the metal, we made it; with time to spare. And, my parents got to see a lot more of Kentucky than they bargained for!

1 comment:

shayna said...

So you love having visitors, huh? Well prepare yourselves.