Sunday, August 30, 2009

Two years old

Our little boy turned two this month. This picture epitomizes his current phase--on the go, both hands full, Popsicle stained face, crazy hair, and few clothes. We cherish every phase because each seems to pass so quickly. Right now, Miles loves being outside. We can hardly keep up with him. He gets lots of bumps and bruises but moves on after each little hurt with an, "I feel better now."

He's growing like a weed (we know a lot about weeds here in Kentucky). Since his last doctor's visit, five months ago, he has grown 3.25 inches (an estimate--you know how accurate height measurements are) and has gained 3.5 pounds. The surprised doctor asked us if he'd been eating a lot lately. We think it might be the daily Popsicles. Here are his 24-month stats:

Height: 36 inches (85%)
Weight: 29.8 pounds (70%)


We had a neighborhood party for Miles. Anna made the requested monkey cake (thanks, Aunt M, for the pattern), pictured above. Matt made a smaller version (below) for the more intimate family party later that night. Pam and Roger joined us and we sang "Happy Birthday" about eight times, plus all the primary songs, and let Miles blow out the candles again and again until we were out of matches.

4 comments:

Nancy Nina said...

He really is getting big! What a cutie. Pretty soon he'll be off to 1st grade. Alas, that's what it's like when you have a little one. Good to see you back blogging!

Anna said...

You're right. It's all going so fast. Wasn't it just a few months ago that you announced you were pregnant? And now first grade...

Emlyn said...

Happy Birthday, Miles! He's soooo cute. I meant to e-mail you to tell you I'm expecting (Andrea is too and due about the same time so your turn should come any second now) so you wouldn't have to find out on the blog world, but I'm glad you found out! Sure love you!

Emlyn said...

p.s. Awesome cake! I made a red velvet cake for Millie's and it was okay but I'm going to stick with packaged mixes from now on. They're better - and easier.