I opened a package from my mom a couple of days ago. Inside was a little red dress with pink and white smocking along with a series of pictures my grandmother took with plans to make a sculpture of me. I was almost four years old and I was serious about posing. As I look at the pictures, I see a little of Miles in me. The hair color has always been similar but he has Matt's blue eyes and has always seemed to look so much like Matt. Is he my child?

Click
here for more red dress photos.
13 comments:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?
He look good in red, huh?
This made me laugh so hard Anna! I love it....and I had a blue dress just like that in Kindergarten..I wish I still had it to put in Lexi! =) And Miles is "miles" ahead of Lexi...she turns 3 next week and absolutely refuses to poo in the potty! Such fun...
You know, now that he's in the same red dress as you, I think he does look like you! Nurture over Nature--that's the way to go.
Oh my goodness! I got a good laugh out of this one. And I totally see Miles when I look at the photos of you.
Anna, that is hilarious. I am totally starting to see the resemblance. It seriously must be the red dress!
You're hilarious.
So, did your grandma ever make the sculpture?
So, I've been blog-stalking your hilarious blog from time to time when I click over from Sarah's and I thought I'd say hi. Mostly I want to say thank you for taking care of a lonely freshman and making her feel like she had cool, wise, older friends.
I admire you very much.
Laura Howe (Scott's little sister? Remember? I hung out at your condo? And slept on your floor? Circa 1999? Please say you remember?)
My grandma mad a sculpture a few years later, when I was in my short-hair androgynous phase. Ah, well, at least I have the pictures.
He is getting so big! I can see a lot of Matt in him but I can also see you. Of course he is your cute little boy!
Hi again!
Not to be picky, but here's my actual blog:
www.howethoughts.blogspot.com
The other one is my attempt at ambitious mothering. As if being a mother isn't ambitious enough.
Too cute or is it too handsome?
LOL, I love it!
That is so funny... my girls do this to Ben all the time. I can definitely see the resemblance. I am surprised at your hair color. When did your hair turn so blonde?
Post a Comment