Here is a picture of us in Ohio. You can see Kentucky on the other side of the river, which actually belongs to Kentucky along this stretch.
Kudos especially to Matt, who ran the race after a severe allergic reaction that puffed his eyelids, nose, and lips up to twice their normal size (and put an itchy rash on his neck and arms). During the three days of puffiness (starting Friday, May 1), Miles was a little wary of him, "Daddy Sca-ee," and strangers averted their eyes. We still don't know what he's allergic to (or to what he is allergic). See picture below.
Miles loved the pre-race expo where we picked up our numbers, along with a few free samples, and Miles did a little training of his own on a larger-than-life potty. 
Here is Miles doing a little post-race pooping. At that time, he'd pooped on his little potty four days in a row. The pooping stint has ended. He still tells me that he's pooping, he just likes to do it in the comfort of his diaper. I knew he would digress, I just really hoped that he wouldn't.
Below you'll see Matt and Miles stretching after a long run. Speaking of long runs... Matt ran 20 miles a couple of weeks ago. Before setting out on this last big run, he threw a few snacks in his bag--some Red Vines, chips, water. When he got back to the car, he was ready for the snacks and was disappointed that one of the Red Vines was missing. He drove home, worked in the yard, chatted with Anna. Work done, he came inside to shower; when he took off his hat he discovered the missing piece of licorice--a little salty, but still edible. Scroll down for the photo.


8 comments:
I just dry heaved to the Red Vine in the hair. Gross but funny.
hilarious...man, i miss you guys!
If I'd have known you were providing the trail snacks, that would have convinced me to come run the race with you. Oh well, maybe next time. Keep up the good potty work, Miles! --uncle dave
Totally gross - but so glad you shared. And I completely admire you for running. I so want to, but it's just easier to put it off:)
Thanks for making me laugh this AM.
Great update! Matt is a trouper. And Miles, of course, a semi-potty-pooper. We miss y'all. Hopefully next time we see you, Matt won't look so bizarre. ;-)
Much love and poop,
Dave
Don't worry, Steph, we didn't eat the salty Red Vine.
Really? You didn't eat the salty Red Vine? I kind of don't believe you. For some reason I didn't find it at all gross, just 100% hilarious. And Matt looks like plastic surgery/collagen shots gone bad. Watch out Joan Rivers!
Yeah, I am training for a 5K!
Post a Comment