Birthday pillow case: check
Balloons: check
Crepe paper barrier: check
Etch-a-Sketch: check (thanks, Babi)
New Bike: check
This bike has been hidden in our garage since Christmas. This summer, Miles told his grandma that he knew he was getting a bike for his birthday because he'd seen it in the garage. But he never let on to us that he'd seen it. To this day he won't admit it. Man, that kid can keep a secret! Is that good or bad?
Matt left for work as Miles was putting on his helmet. It was a hot, humid day. After about 30 minutes of running behind Miles, I was ready for some water and airconditioning. Miles was, too. I went inside and Miles walked his bike to the garage. About five minutes later, he came running in talking so fast I couldn't understand him. In the end, he told me he'd figured it out. "I can ride a two-wheeler Mom!" So that's what I watched him do the rest of the day.
And now for a recap of Miles' first "friend party." Matt and I agree we went a little overboard with the shark theme but it was so fun!
Matt made the watermelon shark. I got to make the cake because it was my year. Yes, my husband likes to decorate cakes. There's not much he can't do. We had shark tattoos and felt shark fins for pinin' and swimin'.
This is my first fancy cake. Many thanks to Pinterest for the idea and to Faith and M, who advised on this project. The lemon-flavored lemon shark (Miles' idea).
Making shark-tooth necklaces while taking the shark quiz. See if you can guess the answer to question #9: What does the hammerhead shark use its unusually shaped head for?
a. Hammering nails
b. Measuring width
c. Trapping stingrays
d. Swimming faster
Frozen t-shirt game. We made some iron-on shark t-shirts which we got wet and froze. The kids had a race to see who got could unfold and don the shirt first. Next time, we won't fold them so small. Most of the kids dunked their shirts in the pool to loosen them up.
Water-balloon games and an obstacle course (not pictured)
Team-building exercises were followed by the Myers-Briggs test. I think Miles is an ENFP.
The gang, minus Carter and Gaven, who had to leave early.
Happy birthday, Miles!


























3 comments:
Holy Shnikey Anna! So I have kid's birthdays Dec 10th and April 2nd...I'm booking you and Matt now. And Bring Miles along too...lemon shark cake...that kid's got some good stuff to contribute! Leave the Myers Briggs at home though...
Is this good old Nathan F. from SLC?! Hope you're doing well. It's been too long. Are you sure about the Myers Briggs?
You guys are amazing parents! I'm never showing this blog to my girls...
Post a Comment