Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eleven months



Our Mia Bia keeps growing and changing. At eleven months she keeps us all on our toes. She has mastered walking and gets around at lightning speed. She is especially skillful at getting from the kitchen to the bathroom whenever she hears Miles flush--a sure signal that the lid will be up. By the time I notice she is gone (thirty seconds later), I find her leaning as far over the edge of the toilet seat as possible, splashing happily. When she sees me, she'll pause to smile and wave "hi, hi, hi" and then attempt to go back to her fun game. She lets me know, in no uncertain terms, she is not happy to be torn from her fun. This girl has a strong will and a loud voice!

But most of the time, she is our happy little girl. Her temperament was immensely improved after that darn sixth tooth finally poked through. She looked like a jack-o-lantern (see below) for about two weeks before it finally appeared and her teething suffering ended, for the time being... 





Mia loves the tub. When she hears the water running, she starts bouncing and squealing. She could stay in that water all day, blowing bubbles and pushing off the side. I love how her silky-smooth hair turns curly in the water. I couldn't resist putting in this picture of Mia with her potential suitor, Quincy, who is three months younger than she is. And, who can resist a girl in a faux-fur collar?

1 comment:

shayna said...

She's getting better and better. I love that face.