Saturday, November 21, 2009

More Miles-isms

We were almost done with dinner. About half an hour had passed since we discussed Christmas--what it is, why we celebrate, etc.

Anna: Hey Miles, do you want to go to the store with me?
Miles: To buy Jesus cake?
Anna and Matt: Huh?
Miles: Can we sing happy birthday to Jesus?
Anna: Yes, yes we can.

Miles likes to talk in the third person; he's done this since he could speak in sentences. Strange, I know. Usually, he plays the role of "the baby." Is the baby hungry? Is the baby crying? Did the baby fall down? With Christmas approaching, he has become the Baby Jesus:

Do you wanna be Mary? Does Daddy want to be Joseph? The Baby Jesus can't find the car (because he was closing his eyes and walking backwards). The Baby Jesus wants some pasta; he's hungry. Does Mary want to rock the Baby Jesus?

While taking out the recycling: I love trashy. You wanna see my garbage?

As Matt was turning off the light and saying "goodnight:" No Daddy! Don't put the dark in my eyes!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun boy!

When I was little, I used to say "the dark came in" whenever the lights were turned off. And dreams were "pictures in my eyes." Seems like Miles and I are on the same page...

Anna said...

"The dark came in." I love it. I've been trying to figure out if he can remember dreams; I think I'll ask him about "the pictures in his eyes!"