It snowed about five inches on Monday night. Tuesday morning schools throughout Greater Cincinnati, including NKU, were closed. Matt braved the roads, like a good professor, to get some work done at his deserted office building.Wednesday morning, we were awakened by the silence of a power outage. Outside, everything was covered in a shiny layer of ice, and snow was piling up on top of the ice. Trees and bushes crackled and popped as the wind blew the ice-clad limbs. The usually silent woods behind our house crackled and squeaked and we saw a few tall branches snap and fall. School, once again, was canceled. After a couple of hours the power came back on and we took advantage of the free day to clear the driveway and sled down our icy cul-de-sac.

Miles loves "i-ki-kis."

Matt and Miles watching the snow plow.
Sledding on the snow shovel.
Miles was a good helper.
Too bad only one car fits in our garage...
This piece of ice came off the car door.
3 comments:
Wow! No thank you! Winter. I'm done. Cute pics!
I'm done, too...I want to make my way back to Hawaii!
Looks cold but very beautiful. I've never seen anything like that top picture.
Post a Comment